Knock on wood, but so far the Hurricane Season in SW Florida and even overall, has been relatively quite. Of course peak season isn’t until some time in September, but up until now, it has been smooth sailing. This recent trend can be attributed to a massive Saharan dust cloud that has been making it’s way across the Atlantic. Such an occurrence brings with it dry air that can put a halt to Hurricane formation, and on a side note also make for some spectacular sunsets with more of a reddish color. The link below provides some more scientific explanations for the event as well as images and predictions for how long this event could last.
We are officially into the summer months. The spring showers have moved on. These are the days that most Cincinnatians dream about during those grey winter months. You are spending more and more time outside in your yards. Whether you are gardening, grilling, or just playing around in the lawn with family members, two legged or four.
This is also a great time for some outdoor improvement projects for the house. Small projects can go a long way to improving the overall value of your home. Things like expanding or even building a deck off the back of your house. Or simply building a grilling patio off to the side. To even going as far as adding an outdoor kitchen or fireplace for those beautiful summer nights you want to entertain outside. Perhaps adding a small patio for sitting out in your garden surrounded by your plants. To also putting in some landscape lighting to accent your yard.
Whatever you may be dreaming of, TurnLeaf Property Management is here to assist you with all you may need. We know all the right contractors for the job. Perhaps, you are worried about starting the project simply because you may be leaving for summer vacation during the middle of the work. Don’t let that stop you and possibly delay for another year. TurnLeaf is here to step in and act as your representative and oversee the completion with constant updates as you enjoy the beach or camping. Call us today to discuss your big or small ideas for outdoor home improvement.
June 1st is upon us and for Floridians, it marks an important date for the safety of our families and our property. It is the official start of Hurricane season and with it comes a heightened need for preparedness. This year the NOAA predictions call for an active to extremely active season. Putting a 70% chance on having 13-20 named storms. 3-6 of those storms registering as major hurricanes (Category 3, 4 or 5 and winds starting at 111 mph and increasing). The full official release from the NOAA is embedded below.
Knowing and understanding the warnings is one thing. But now is also the time to take action and access one’s actual readiness on the chance that Naples takes a direct or even passing blow from a Hurricane. Embedded below is a link to NOAA’s Tropical Cyclone Preparedness guide.
Here you can familiarize yourself again with some of the terminology used during this season. You can also find helpful outlines for Hurricane supply kits as well as suggested steps to come up with Family evacuation plans, and home preparedness.
As always, TurnLeaf is here for our customers. We view this time of year as a chance to shine and put our full weight and efforts into supporting our clients. We are here to make sure you don’t have to weather the storms alone.
Restaurants and hotels in Naples, Fla., report the strongest reservations levels in years as winter storms drive vacationers and homeowners to make plans to visit South Florida. TurnLeaf Property Management LLC in Cincinnati, Ohio is busy plowing snow for homeowners while the Naples office has things ready for our owners to enjoy the Florida lifestyle on their first day away.
TurnLeaf Property Management LLC is proud to announce it will be a Gold Level Sponsor of the Naples Botanical Garden’s Spring into Spring golf event held Monday, April 8 at Windstar on Naples Bay Country Club. Swing into Spring is one of the garden’s premiere events of the season. Please support the Naples Botanical Garden, and join the many golfers from around the Naples area for a fun day of golf. Following the golf event, there will be silent and live auctions, dinner and awards held in Windstar’s dining room overlooking beautiful Naples Bay.
TurnLeaf Property Management LLC’s transformation is complete with the installation of new signs at the Cincinnati office. Chasen Drackett and Christy Davis oversaw the new signs, along with a newly transformed Drackett Group and Drackett-Harth Construction.
Cincinnati braces for its first major snowfall of the season. Because of early planning, residential and commercial clients of TurnLeaf Property Management LLC are ready and know that any unexpected issues will be handled immediately.
Cincinnati homeowners will need to prepare their homes for the snow and ice. Call TurnLeaf Property Management LLC at (513) 831-1111 to handle the weather conditions or follow the 10-point checklist below.
- Best to start winterizing your home in summer in fall, but it is never too late.
- Inspect insulation, caulking and weather-stripping
- Check and clean fireplaces
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Have your roof and flashing inspected. Make sure rain gutters are cleaned and re-adjusted to help shed water away from foundations and prevent ice dams from forming during heavy snowfall.
- Have asphalt driveways inspected and sealed as needed or repair cracks before freezing and thawing.
- Close outside vents, remove garden hoses and clean dryer vents.
- Furnace and humidifiers filters should be changed. Check water heaters.
- Inspect doors and windows. Do not forget to have your garage doors serviced. Consider battery backup for your garage doors to function in power outages.
- Reverse the direction on ceiling fans and check interior and exterior light bulbs.
- Purchase sand and ice melt before the rush.
- Service your cars and give special attention to antifreeze levels, windshield washer fluid and tire tread depth.
- Prepare an emergency kit starting with this handy list:
- Flashlights and batteries
- Candles and a lighter or plenty of matches. (Wrap them in a plastic bag to help keep them dry.) You might have a battery operated lamp or an oil lamp. (Do not store an oil lamp with oil in it. Keep this flammable liquid tightly sealed and separate until you need to use it.)
- Battery operated radio
- Keep foods on had that can be eaten cold
- Canned fruit and canned meats such as tuna or shredded beef
- Cereals that can be eaten dry
- Chocolate bars or bags of chocolate chips
- Plenty of water
- Small, propane operated camping stove and at least two extra canisters of propane. (Do not ever, ever use a charcoal-type camping or cooking unit indoors!)
Over the summer, TurnLeaf Property Management LLC has managed renovation work for two owners. Both projects were finished on time and on budget. Early reports are hopeful for a strong economic season in South Florida as rental reservations and home prices see a steady climb.